expand the boundaries of a group

rev at armbase.com rev at armbase.com
Mon May 9 10:09:41 EDT 2005

Quoting Klaus Major <klaus at major-k.de>:

> Hi Bob,

Hi Klaus

> >  Is there
> > a way to
> > make the group area as big as the card?
>
> Sure :-)
>
> Resize your group as big as you like*** and then (and this is the
> trick!) go to the
> inspector, selct "Size and Position" for that group and check
> "Lockloc"...
>
> That will make your group ALWAYS stay as big as you sized it.

Ahhh the problem is the user will not have revolution adn they add the fields.

see below, I have the answer......

> Hope that helps...
>
> ***You can also use the message box/script:
> set the rect of grp "Your group name here..." to the rect of this card

Right Klaus, Again you have come up trumps.... :-)

All I need to do is put in an empty group on the first card of my cloned stack.
I'll call it BobsEmptyGroup and put it on the first card of the stack and set
its background behaviour to true.
Then if I put in the script ----set the rect of grp "BobsEmptyGroup" to the rect
of this card----,I should be able to insert the fields into the group.

Now here is the follow up question. :-)

If the user (via a button) inserts a field or button into the group
BobsEmptyGroup, will they inherit the background behaviour of the group and be
visible on all cards?

All the best
Bob