help on adding value in temp variable

Paul Salyers ps1 at softseven.org
Sun May 8 09:59:19 EDT 2005

At 07:32 PM 5/7/2005, you wrote:
>Paul Salyers wrote:
>
>>Dear Rev Programmer,
>>
>>I found the below commands (the value) in a program "basic calculator"
>>and the command without value in Rev Documentations of which neither works.
>>
>>put value (tAddTo + tfkey) into tvar1
>>put tAddTo + tfkey into tvar1
>
>Just tried them - they both work (i.e. they do what they should do).
>
>>I do have numbers stored in both variables.
>>
>>Any clue why they are not working?
>
>Nope - could you send the code (the entire handler) in which you're trying
>to use them, and we should be able to tell from that what's going wrong.
>
>--
>Alex Tweedly       http://www.tweedly.net

I got the above problem fixed, miss directed links.

however I'm now having this problem.

on mouseUp
   put "+" into
tFx                                                         -- Store the +
for use later
   put tFx into field
"Fx"                                                -- See for sure the +
is being stored
   put  "1" into field "doWhat"                                     --
program handler if the text of field "doWhat" = "1" do this else do this
   put field "Answer" into tfkey
   put value ( field "AddTo") Fx (tfkey) into field "AddTo"  --  Add the
fields together

end mouseUp

of I use

on mouseUp
   --put "+" into tFx
   put tFx into field "Fx"
   put  "1" into field "doWhat"
   put field "Answer" into tfkey
   put value ( field "AddTo") + (tfkey) into field "AddTo"

end mouseUp

It works ok. How to I use "tFX" as a "+"

Paul Salyers
PS1 - Senior Rep.
PS1 at softseven.org
Http://ps1.SoftSeven.org