FIlter unicode variable with variable

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sat May 7 10:50:09 EDT 2005

  Help guys,

I still can't get my unicode to work. I am working with a mixed field
of English/Asian items. I don't need to convert it since it looks right
from the copy paste into REV. I just need to keep it as it is. But the
message box shows it scrambled and when I try uniEncode it turns both
the English and Asian into a 'new' converted style. I think I got the
put the unicodetext of field gTheLanguage into lPreviewCategory --
correct But I can't be sure since I can't get the results out of the
variable after filtering it. (This all works without unicode on the
english side)

I need to filter it down using a variable. I think the message box does
not show the right unicode and I don't know for sure if it is right????

I guess the question/problem is 1) does the message box truly show
unicode in a variable? 2) does the filter command work with unicode?
3)if it does then do I need both the variable and the expression to be
in unicode?

Tried this:
put uniencode(ltheKey) & "*" into theFkey -- set up a filter parameter

and this:
put ltheKey & "*" into theFkey --

put theFKey -- shows filekey* -- as it should

put lPreviewCategory -- shows item del field as it should in unicode
from previous storage -- has filekey:item2:item3

filter lPreviewCategory with theFKey

put lPreviewCategory -- shows empty

Thomas J. McGrath III
SCS