OT: awk features in Python

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Fri May 6 14:22:23 EDT 2005

Just on last quick word from the python documents:

ActivePython 2.4 documentation
Section "Whetting Your Appetite:"
<lots that also applies to RunRev - but no GUI ;) >...

"Because of its more general data types Python is applicable to a much
larger problem domain than Awk or even Perl, yet many things are at least as
easy in Python as in those languages. "

and he he

"By the way, the language is named after the BBC show ``Monty Python's
Flying Circus'' and has nothing to do with nasty reptiles. Making references
to Monty Python skits in documentation is not only allowed, it is
encouraged!"

TAOO is based on the Hitchickers guide to the galaxy - so proof i got a
higher-level pangalactic gargleblasting head effect with my software
documentation they they ever will! It occured to me to put the "dont Panic"
mention on the opening card of TAOO too ;)

This is going to be fun!
Xav
IT Overload, DATA overload, Disk Overload, overzapped, overjoyed! ;)