Folder list order

Chris Carroll-Davis chris at carroll-davis.co.uk
Fri May 6 06:40:01 EDT 2005

Hello folks -

just thought you might like to know about a weird issue I came across
the other day.  Not a bug in Rev, but weird behaviour on Windows that
cost me hours (probably days) and about 20 CD-Rs...

If you get a list of folders (using "the folders" ) on WIndows
running from HD the list is alphabetical, NON case-sensitive, so
("aardvark" comes before "Zoo").

If you get the same list running from CD, the list IS case-sensitve
(so "Zoo " comes before "aardvark").

Perhaps this is a known issue to seasoned Revvers, but it was new to
me!  This caused my prog to fail only when running from CD on
Windows.  Running from HD on Windows, or on Mac HD or CD was fine.
The only way I could track problem down was to cut disc after disc.
ARGHH.

Anyway, moral of story is that it is probably prudent to sort the
folder list as soon as you've got it so that you ensure consistent
results.  Haven't checked if this is the same with files - but I
expect so...

Chris