Syntax problem

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri May 6 02:41:39 EDT 2005

On 5/6/05 12:50 AM, "Varen Swaab" <varen at veggio.com> wrote:

> Thanks Sarah
>
> I don't think I understand your reply. The variable "theLink" holds a
> well-formed url. I'm looking to add to that url by adding the contents of
> another variable "subID"
>
> Example:
>
> variable theLink holds  "http://www.google.com"
> variable subID holds a number such as "44568"
>
> I'm looking for a way to combine both variables so the result is:
>
> http://www.google.com/44568
>
> I have been trying to combine the values of both the variables like this:
>
> get URL(&theLink&"/"&subID&)

You almost have it... you don't need the first and last &, so what you're
really looking for is:

  theLink & "/" & subID

which will give you

  http://www.google.com/44568

So to pass that to 'get URL' you just do:

  get URL(theLink & "/" & subID)

The "&" is a concatenation operator, so have an "&" at the beginning of the
string confuses Rev, and the one at the end is unnecessary.

Hope this helps,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/