French list

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu May 5 12:32:38 EDT 2005

Marielle-

ML> it, I knew it, I have now a foreign accent when speaking my native language...
ML> grrrr).

LOL. I had the experience a few years ago returning from several
months teaching in Portuguese in Mozambique and spending a few days on
the return trip in Madrid. I was looking forward to being able to
speak Spanish again, but the two languages were now hopelessly mingled
in my mind. I tried to explain to the dona of the hotel why I was
having trouble with pure Spanish and she said she could understand our
mixed vocabulary, as she had grown up near the Portuguese border. When
I tried to explain that we weren't really Portuguese, she insisted
that we must be Brazilian.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net