Another STANDALONE query, I'm afraid

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed May 4 19:32:54 EDT 2005

> I now understand how to build a Standalone that saves data in a stack -
> first make a "stub" stack, and then create your real stack as a
> substack,
> and set the standalone options to treat it as a .rev file, so that the
> standalone user can save to it.
>
> My problem is that before I appreciated this, I had created a large
> stack as
> a mainstack. Now I want to make it a substack of a new "stub" stack.
>
> How do I do this? I hope it's a really simple question that I just
> can't see
> the answer to...

Make your "Stub" stack as a sub stack of your current main Stack, which
I will call "Main" for this example.
Go through all the sub-stacks in "Main" and use the popup button in the
Basic section of the Stack Inspector to set their mainStack to "Stub".
Now set the mainStack of "Main" to "Stub".
If "Main" contains a lot of scripts that you want all sub stacks to be
able to use, you can copy them all to "Stub", but I prefer to keep the
splash screen stack almost empty, so I prefer enabling "Main" as
library stack with: start using stack "Main"

HTH,
Sarah