Writing a file to another computer on the LAN?

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Wed May 4 08:47:02 EDT 2005

Hi list,

I´m new to all this Networking stuff, so please be patient. ;-)

What I want to do is create a set of folders and files on another
computer connected to a small LAN.  How do I go about this? I
configured my router to assign a static IP to one of the computers
(running OsX). I now can get files from library/webserver by using

get URL "http://staticIPAdd/test.txt"

but I can´t use

put "blah" into URL "http://staticIP/test.txt"

->Error 405 Method not allowed

How do I go about this? How can I write text to a file on the other
machine? Can I write to a different folderthan library/webserver?
Thanks a lot!

Malte