Revolution for education - wiki created

Marielle Lange M.Lange at ed.ac.uk
Tue May 3 14:07:15 EDT 2005

Dear all,

My website logs told me that my proposal triggered some interest.
This encouraged me to spend a bit of my time setting up the wiki:

http://revolution.lexicall.org/wiki/

Register and you would be authorized to edit. As simple as that.

Please keep the first page as it is (there is a suggestion page if
you would like to recommend major changes in structure). For the
rest, feel free to take possession of it and to organize it as you
like. I have done my best to organize the wiki so to encourage
collaborative work while preserving personal susceptibilities. My
ambition is not to become a despot. I would rather heartily welcome
any request for taking up some moderator roles for any section of the
wiki (in a democratic process).

You may think I am a crazy idealist to leave the website opened for
editing... Believe me, I have read on this (including a very
interesting paper by colleagues of Alain Farmer, another revolution
fellow)... This can work! Any trace of destructive work can be
"erased" by simply reverting to the previous version... this usually
puts off persons who like to mess up (what's the pleasure of messing
up if no trace remains!?).

Best regards,
Marielle

(I will need to send a copy on the education-revolution list using my
other email... apologizes if you received one of the previous email
twice... I had received a bounce message because I used the home
email and at the time had seen no trace of the first message).
--
Marielle Lange (PhD),  Psycholinguistics, Lecturer in Psychology and
Informatics

Email:        M.Lange at ed.ac.uk
Homepage:  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mlange/
Calendar:    http://www.icalx.com/html/mlange/week.php?cal=Work

Contact details:
Dept of Psychology /  7 George Square /  EH8 9JZ / UK  / Fax: 44 131 650 6626
ANC institute / 5 Forrest Hill / EH1 2QL / UK / Tel: 44 131 650 3098 /
Fax: 44 131 650 6899

The University of Edinburgh is subject to the Freedom of Information
(Scotland) Act 2002.  Unless an exemption applies, information held by
the University may be disclosed on request.  The exemptions include ones
for personal information, research in progress, commercially sensitive
information and genuinely confidential information.  Further information
is available at http://www.recordsmanagement.ed.ac.uk.