Split screen output for Presentations

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Mon May 2 08:53:37 EDT 2005

Dan, Sivakatirswami,

This approach assumes you have mirror imaging 'OFF' in order to have
two distinct  screen areas. I don't know how (applescript, do process,
shell) to do this. Or how to detect this to not get errors. Something
like "If the system has two monitors (?) then turn off 'video
mirroring' then do 'split screen' and set this window to main screen
and send that window to alt screen'.

I don't see where knowing these things is within REVs builtin
capabilities.

 From the docs:
If the system has more than one monitor, the screenLoc function returns
the rectangle of the main screen.

AND:
Use the screenName function to control where applications that
Revolution starts up should appear.
Comments:
On Unix systems, the screenName function returns the string provided by
the XDisplayName function call. When starting a process with the open
process command or the shell function, if you want the process to
appear on the same screen as Revolution, use the value returned by the
screenName as the argument to the -d option.
This function does not return a useful value on Mac OS and Windows
systems.

Tom