Tiger installation

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Mon May 2 07:47:58 EDT 2005

Hi all!

you may have seen a brief mentioning of  rev windowShape not working
properly in Tiger.  Gordon Tillmann helped me out on this, but the
problem wasn't really a problem at all.  I first installed Tiger on my
backup machine, which hadn't had the last few Panther updates, and thus
I hadn't repaired permissions recently.  This turned out to have caused
the problem, just don't ask me why ;-)  I had noticed in the Apple
discussions that this simple action seems to have already fixed minor
and major problems a lot of people were experiencing with a wide
variety of software, both Apple and third party, so I tried it and it
worked.  In other words this was my own dopey fault.

Thanks agsain to Gordy for his patience in looking into this with me.

Repair your permission (more than once until no more errors or
corrections show up) and disable 3rd party utilities (although I'm sure
noneof you really need to be told this in the first place!)

Other than this tiger so far has been flawless, faster and cooler than
all get out!

Enjoy the Tiger!

Lars