throw vs the result

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 17:59:56 EDT 2005

--- Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

> On May 1, 2005, at 3:40 PM, Jan Schenkel wrote:
>
> > Ah yes, but then I have to check the result myself
> > throw an error, and that's what I wanted to avoid
> ;-)
> > My earlier suggestion is backwards-compatible but
> > allows people who like try-throw-catch, to
> structure
> > their code in a more readable way.
>
> But your suggestion requires an enhancement (or
> maybe some fancy
> errorDialog technique).
>
> I was wondering about what developers can use now.
>
> Would a property or command for each library to
> switch between
> thrown/result help?
>
> Dar

In that case, this might be an issue for the
revInterop workgroup -- they're working on
standardizing library names and calls, and storing
information about the supported commands, functions,
properties, etc.
If you're not a member yet, I'm sure they'd like you
to join the dicsussion at:

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam - Tools for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>