Rev & OOP

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sun May 1 15:46:45 EDT 2005

Rob,

Le 1 mai 05, à 17:11, Rob Cozens a écrit :

> But when a programmer says, "Your programming platform isn't worth
> evaluating because it does not support [the latest concept] as taught
> at universities.", that gives me a strong indication the person
> doesn't know what he is talking about or isn't interested in looking
> closer.

... Full agreed and in about what we can "learn" in the universities
and engeenier schools, it's always good to remember that the most
usefull is never in the courses nor books. Why ?, just because the
professors are mainly waiting between five to teen years before
introducing new production state concepts and solutions in their
presentations, just because they don't like to defend unconfirmed ways,
even the best ones as long a the market and the time did'nt make them
"academical safe"...

--
Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris