windowShape in Tiger (again)

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Sun May 1 09:15:26 EDT 2005

Hi Gordy!

>> Has anyone installed Tiger and looked at a revStack or standalone
>> that uses a windowShape other than rectangular?
>>
>>  one of my main Rev projects has three stacks with a shape that is
>> basically rectangular with a small, round protrusion on the bottom
>> (and slightly rounded corners).  Both in rev and in the standalone,
>> there is a strange outline parallel to the bottom of the window
>> about 50 pixels lower.  It's a little hard to describe, so if
>> anyone out there is inclined to take a quick  a look at this
>> strangeness, let me know and I will send you screen shots.

> I just tried the windowLab stack.  This is the one that you can run
> from RevNet where you can draw an arbitrary shape and then create a
> window from that shape.

Gave this a try and it worked for a round test stack in Tiger both as a
revStack and as a standalone.  I am not sure what format the mask that
is created in windowLab is, so I took my stack, whose shape is a png
and created the same shape as a black gif and gave it a try, but with
the same result on my machine running Tiger - that wierd additional
shape.  I am sending you two screenshots offline so you can see what I
am talking about.

I also tried to drop my black gif onto the active area of windowLab,
but it doesn't generate a stack when I do that.

> It seemed to work just fine and I wasn't able to duplicate the effect
> that you mentioned.

Yes, this definitely works in Tiger, but I can't recreate my shape in
windowLab ;-(

> If you have a specific stack you would like for me to try I would be
> happy to do that.

I am just wondering what Tiger does differently, because my windowShape
has always been perfect in Panther, MacOS and Windows XP!

Cheers,

Lars