saving settings

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Sun May 1 04:48:48 EDT 2005

Paul,

Without seeing your handler, it's hard to identify what you are doing
exactly, but have you declared the globals?

on saveSettings  tFolderName
global gData1,gData2,gData3,gData4,gData5
get  quote&gData1&quote&comma&\
quote&gData2&quote&comma&\
quote&gData3&quote&comma&\
quote&gData4&quote&comma&\
quote&gData2&quote
put it into url ("file:" & tFolderName  & "/settings.txt")
end  saveSettings

HTH

/H

-----
I'm trying to get my program  to save information into a text file.

I'm using this format, is something  wrong?

put gDate1 && gDate2 && gDate3 && gDate4  && gDate5 && cr  \
into url ("file:" &  tFolderName & slash & "settings.txt")

It's saving "gData1"  instead on the information help in "gData1"

These are global settings but  they do not change.

I want them do come out like  so:

"Settings1","Settings2","Settings3","Settings4","Settings5"

They  must be in this format to be compatible with VB programs not yet
converted  to Rev.

Please help

Paul Salyers
PS1 - Senior  Rep.