About variable.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Mar 31 15:18:12 EST 2005

Frank D. Engel, Jr. wrote:

> When would you have to use a global variable, in so far as something
> cannot be accomplished with a custom property?

You wouldn't have to use a global, but you may choose to for performance.

Simple operation on a global : 20 ms
Same thing on a custom prop : 3324 ms

Also, you can do
    add 1 to gVariable
which is not only (I think) easier to read and understand as being an
increment operation, but is also even faster.

Simple operation on a global : 20 ms
Same thing on a custom prop : 3324 ms
Same thing as an increment on a global : 13 ms