About variable.

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Mar 31 12:41:36 EST 2005

Mikey-

Thursday, March 31, 2005, 6:00:06 AM, you wrote:

M> The thing about "globals" in rev is that they're not really "globals"
M> but, in old basic parlance "commons".  If it was "global" you would
M> define it as global and it would be everywhere in Rev without further
M> "global" statements inside objects.

That's exactly right. There's been quite a bit of discussion of
globals here over the last couple of years. Basically declaring a
variable as "global" flags it as a candidate for being used in other
scripts. Then declaring the variable a global in a second script
references the first instance of the variable. The whole thing is a
bit error-prone, if you ask me. I avoid globals whenever I can, but
sometimes you gotta use them.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net