Invisible files in OS 9

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Thu Mar 31 11:45:53 EST 2005

>On 3/30/05 9:05 PM, Robert Brenstein wrote:
>
>>>  Is it possible to make a file in Mac OS 9 invisible without a special
>>>  applescript addition?
>>>
>>>  --
>>>  Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com
>>>  HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com
>>>

>>  Have you tried SetFileFlag xcmd from Rinaldi? Theoretically, it should
>>  work.
>
>Thanks, now I have two options. I was hoping to do it using only
>native capabilities, but it doesn't look like there is any other way
>outside an external.
>
>--
>Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com
>HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com

There is a request in bugzilla to support Mac Finder flags but I
doubt that it will be ever implemented. Considering the slow but
certain marginalization of OS9, I can live with that if I can use
externals to handle that functionality.

Unfortunately, not all of these externals work. I have filed a bug
report of one of those Finder-related externals (search bugzilla for
xfcn if you care to see) crushing Rev. Rinaldi blames Rev, RR folks
blame the external and won't investigate further. I am forced to
continue using HyperCard for that project :(

Robert