Quicktime with Rev

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Mar 31 04:43:45 EST 2005

Recently, Mark Swindell  wrote:

>> I drag the QT player icon onto my card, and then set the source to an
>> .mp3 file (which plays back fine on the system's QT Player) and the
>> player blanks out and goes away save for the bounding rectangle.  I
>> set the source to an mpeg source and it works as it should.  This is
>> with 2.5.1, Panther 10.3.8.   What don't I know that I should?

I don't know if this is related or not but I believe there is a bug related
to players and certain filenames.  I used to think it involved including any
non-alphanumeric characters in the fileName but now I'm thinking it is more
a combination of non-standard characters and the character length of the
path.  It's very strange and will take some time to track down but you might
want to try renaming your intended MP3 file with short alphanumeric name and
see if that makes a difference.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director