Placing one group many times in the same card

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 14:24:34 EST 2005

Scott Rossi wrote:

> Could the vector graphics reside in their own group,
> which is then nested within the image group?
> That way you could reference all the controls once.

Ah! Nested groups! I have not think about that! :-))
In a first glance, i believe that your idea could
work just fine. I'll make some test and return with
results, later today. :-))

Thanks a lot Scott!!!

> Also, I think front scripts or at least centralized
> stack scripts are the way to go -- easier to
maintain.

Yes, a lesson that i learned time ago
in the hard way... (having to change the scripts
of dozen of objects)

Ken Ray wrote:

> Well, you could use the copy command:
> copy <group> to this card
> but that will (of course) duplicate every object
> inside the group (which it sounded like you didn't
> want to do).
> Or will this do what you need?

Hi Ken,

You are right, "copy" will duplicate every object
and will contribute to bloat the size... if i save
the stack... ;-)

but what if... i create the copies
while the stack is playing and then
close the stack without saving...

Hmmm, this idea opens more possibilities too.

Thanks a lot Ken!!!

By the way, in which ways others development
platforms,
implement the concept of reusing components like
movie clips, instances or groups????

al

Visit my site:
http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/