field margins

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Mar 29 22:02:42 EST 2005

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:
> At 10:07 AM +1200 3/30/05, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> I nedd to use a field as a grid display, which generally works well with
>> one anomaly:  the left margin of the field always has a gap of about
>> four or five pixels.
>>
>> I've tried setting the showBorder and threeD to false, and setting the
>> margins to 0,0,0,0 but still I have that gap.
>
> Are you creating the grid display with the hGrid and vGrid, or...?
>
> I'm not seeing this here, but just as a guess, what's the field's
> tabStops set to?

Yep, nothing more than the old hgrid/vgrid trick to get a simple grid.
I've never seen an exception to this issue of seeing the left-most
"cell" a few pixels larger than the others, e.g.:

   -----------------------

I was using 5 pixels this morning.  New specs have be using 20 pixels,
but the extra space does not appear to change based on the tabstops,
always a consistent two- or three-pixels.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation