No subject

Éric Chatonet eric.chatonet at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 29 12:55:57 EST 2005

Hi ton,

If your "non alphabetical order" is not an error (and I think so :-)
And assuming that series are always contiguous, you could try this:

on SortMyOddList
   local tList,tLineNo,tFirstChar,tMax
   -----
   put fld "MyField" into tList
   put 1 into tLineNo
   put char 1 of tList into tFirstChar
   put the number of lines of tList into tMax
   -----
   repeat with i = tLineNo to tMax
     if char 1 of line i of tList <> tFirstChar then
       sort line tLineNo to (i-1) of tList numeric by word 2 of each
       put i into tLineNo
       put char 1 of line tLineNo of tList into tFirstChar
     end if
   end repeat
   sort line tLineNo to tMax of tList numeric by word 2 of each
   -----
   put tList into fld "MyField"
end SortMyOddList

The trick is simple but often useful: instead of 1 in the repeat
structure (repeat with i = 1...), you use a variable that you set first
and redefine later inside the loop. By this way you process separatly
chunks picked in the list... and keep your "same alphabetical order"
;-)

Best regards,

Le 29 mars 05, à 17:50, Cardona Torres<toncardona at mac.com> a écrit :

> I have this in a field:
>
> IPAE 16
> IPAE 1
> IPAE 7
> LAG 1
> JKAL 3
> JKAL 11
> JKAL 2
>
> and I wish to get this (same alphabetical order, sorted numeric by
> second word of each):
>
> IPAE 1
> IPAE 7
> IPAE 16