Mail client with Rev...

thierry douez at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 29 04:20:35 EST 2005

Hi,

Thank you Sarah, Alex, Andre and the others :-)

By now, I'm convinced that we could trust the pop and smtp libraries.

the main idea behind this is to have a very "simple" email client, closer to
these mailboxes on the streets than all this clever email clients...

The interface and functionality would be changed by an "Administrator"...
or/and a server application...

SR> I have several versions of specialized email clients operating using my
SR> POP library & my as yet unreleased SMTP library.
SR> They operate in unattended mode on servers and remote monitoring
SR> computers 24/7 and some of them process hundreds of emails a day with
SR> total reliability, recovering independently whenever communications are
SR> lost & regained.

SR> I have made these clients intentionally dumb - they don't try to
SR> display anything, they forward emails that match rules, delete spam,
SR> save to text files for other apps to process, make outgoing emails
SR> based on submitted text files etc. As they never need to display email
SR> text, I have no problems with trying to show HTML emails.

Well, now i've to think about how to manage the way to show all the differents
possible emails contents..... this part doen't seems to be so easy....

Regards, thierry