[noob again]objects and properties and messages

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Mon Mar 28 13:09:49 EST 2005

Uh oh, Noobs's at the 'frustration phase' with a taste of righteous
indignation just preceding the 'aha' phase.

Don't give up. It's not that hard, really. Remember what Dan said
when he talked bout the DEPTH of this platform -- 10x the features of
hypercard.

There are a lot of properties to deal with, but they're all there,
including tabstops in the properties palette for the field.

But you also mentioned a Tab panel - a completely different thing.
This is quite simple - as I remember there are at least 2 example
stacks among us here that demonstrate tab panels with at least as
many ways to implement.

And Groups - are quite useful and innovative, either as a groups or
backgrounds.

And you don't have to buy the enterprise version unless you really
need to develop on each platform. The studio edition is quite useful,
and doesn't cost a grand.

You should stick around. You won't find a better bunch of guys to
help anywhere. We all went through this phase at one time or another.

sqb