LineOffset

Yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Mon Mar 28 11:06:52 EST 2005

Hello,

I search a function to do the following :

A text contains lines. each line begins with a date "JJ/MM/AAAA" and
then a tab and the a ascii text
Id like to find the line which contains the date

28/03/2005 tab ascii text
25/03/2005 tab ascii text
21/03/2005 tab ascii text
20/03/2005 tab ascii text

for example put lineoffset("28/03/2005",tdata) into thisLine

it's OK BUT

I'd like to find the line which item 1 (itemdel to tab) is this date
and not the line which contains this date, because in the ascii text
following the tab, there are also dates and those dates could be the
searched date

I only want to find the line which begins with the searched date

thank you.

Greetings.

Yves COPPE
yvescoppe at skynet.be