ANN Nine ball pool

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sun Mar 27 08:17:21 EST 2005

>Message: 10
>Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:30:02 -0800 (PST)
>From: Alejandro Tejada <capellan2000 at yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: ANN Nine ball pool
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
>on Sat, 26 Mar 2005
>Jim Hurley wrote:
>
>>  When I want to feel successful, with very little
>>  effort, I change the
>>  table friction to zero, i.e. the ball speed
>>  multiplier to 1. After
>>  the break, watch the ball rattle around the table
>>  and eventually all
>>  are pocketed, include the cue ball.
>
>I discover this too! :-))
>
>Hey, Jim
>You have made a great work and a fun game too!
>This is how i foresee that
>Math, Physics and computer programmer
>will be learned some day... :-)

Al,

Very clever bezier addition. Still trying to figure it out. I think
my solution to the residual graphics clutter was to double click the
bezier line to delete all the handles.

Having learned programming as most physicists do, on the street (I'm
sure it shows) I don't know much about the education of a programmer.
But I suspect they get a good bit of math in the process, and, as you
say, a little physics would often be helpful.

>I know you have the skills, but
>will you find the time to create a
>Railroad Construction Maker Kit,
>(like that stack in HyperCard) ;-)
>or a Racing Car kit???

I can't imaging what a Railroad Construction Kit might be. Well,
maybe I can. I doubt that I have the graphic skills to make it
attractive.

Jim