"rather not have apps... from a web page"

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sun Mar 27 05:38:29 EST 2005

One way which I use is the following

version 1
- check ftp file is version changed
- propose download - let user update

version 2
- check ftp file for update
- check user/version allowed or back to version 1
- get update list
- download, update scripts/media that need it
- and or run update script.

Requirement: ftp server and connection to it.

Remember to keep it simple... Version 2 also requires more checks. IOWs, not
worth shareware or freeware prices/efforts IMOHO. It's the best way to
reduce problems and bugs.

You can see how version 1 works in the latest HotKeyN2O which I mentioned a
mail ago...

cheers
Xavier