help with HTML escaping...

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sat Mar 26 18:27:45 EST 2005

Hi Folks,

I am having some trouble escaping text with international characters
for HTML pages. I thought a simple approach, I built a field with all
the escapes like:

‡ á
Ž é
ç Á

and stuff like that, then I used a repeat loop to loop thru the data
replacing the ocurrence of the first char with the corresponding HTML
entity, guess what? It does not work, the replace command is not
replacing them, it's a big field, it works only for some lines, others
are completelly ignored, I used the debugger to iterate thru  the code,
and guess what, it's all appearing correct just the engine is telling
the the "Ž" inside the field is not the same "Ž" that it needs to
escape... damn. Any clue out there? does anyone here got a HTML
escaping routines for international chars?

Andre
--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL
http://studio.soapdog.org