ANN Nine ball pool

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sat Mar 26 08:12:48 EST 2005

>Message: 15
>Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:26:19 -0500
>From: Thomas McGrath III <3mcgrath at adelphia.net>
>Subject: Re: ANN Nine ball pool
>To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>You know if the collision detection that happens on the sides of the
>pool game could also work on, oh, let's say a round/square object then
>you could have Bumper Pool and then you could also make a Miniature
>Golf game.
>
>I changed your code and made eight holes instead of six and that was
>real easy just to see if I could do it. I would love to have the balls
>hit an object and bounce off of them. Love Miniature Golf............
>
>Tom
>
>P.S. cool attempt....

Tom,

If you keep old lists, check out the following subject:

     ANN: Bouncing Ball Tools

If not, just load the following:

   go url  http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/BouncingBallTools.rev

This shows a cue ball bounding off any  number of circular, fixed objects.

I've never seen bumper pool. Don't know how it is played. But it
sounds like fun.

When I want to feel successful, with very little effort, I change the
table friction to zero, i.e. the ball speed multiplier to 1. After
the break, watch the ball rattle around the table and eventually all
are pocketed, include the cue ball.

Jim