Launching RR from a web page

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Thu Mar 24 13:26:00 EST 2005

On Mar 24, 2005, at 3:06 PM, Frank D. Engel, Jr. wrote:

> I have seen info about an X windows server which is written completely
> in Java.  You could probably use that in a web browser to connect to a
> UNIX (Linux) version of a Rev standalone somewhere (correction: the
> UNIX version of a Rev standalone would connect to the Java-based X
> server, so yes you would need to make some arrangements for tunneling
> through firewalls, etc; I don't know enough about that particular X
> server to know if that is supported internally or not).
>
> Maybe you could rig something with that.
>
> BTW, this is another reason to keep the UNIX engines around: the
> "network-transparent" X windows system...

An X server written in Java!!! damn!!!! once I saw a TCP/IP stack done
in PHP... well, I am a real fan of X11 forwarding, I did some
experiments in that front with Rev, you can check it at
http://homepage.mac.com/soapdog/X11forwarding.html

I don't know if a X11 server written in java is supposed to run as
applet... should we try?

andre

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL