Launching RR from a web page

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Thu Mar 24 13:06:35 EST 2005

I have seen info about an X windows server which is written completely
in Java.  You could probably use that in a web browser to connect to a
UNIX (Linux) version of a Rev standalone somewhere (correction: the
UNIX version of a Rev standalone would connect to the Java-based X
server, so yes you would need to make some arrangements for tunneling
through firewalls, etc; I don't know enough about that particular X
server to know if that is supported internally or not).

Maybe you could rig something with that.

BTW, this is another reason to keep the UNIX engines around: the
"network-transparent" X windows system...

You can do something similar with Squeak, I believe, but of course that
won't really help you to run a Rev app ;-)