The paradigm of containers and self-referenced names

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Mar 23 13:46:59 EST 2005

On 3/23/05 11:36 AM, "Dar Scott" <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

> 4
> Other?

How about this... we can just use it the way Rev was designed - if you
simply declare you variable with 'local' or 'global', it automatically is
looked at as a variable even if you don't put anything into it. So that when
you do this:

  local apple
  put apple into theFruit
  put theFruit

you get empty since 'apple' was declared as a variable which has no value
(empty) by definition.

I just checked this in Rev 2.5.1 and it works as described.

What this does is err on the side of unquoted strings (which I think is
tipping the scales the wrong way, IMHO), but that's me...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com