Unix engines -vs- Handheld Support

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Wed Mar 23 13:11:31 EST 2005

Kevin,

I am one of the (truly small in number) users of the IRIX engine. As you
said, the OS of many unix variants are very infrequently updated. As a
matter of fact, we may not continue to use IRIX for very much longer. I
would like to see all flavors of *nix supported for at least another year
or two, but... for the record... I would rather see Runtime Revolution
focus its resources on ADDING support for OTHER MODERN OS's such as
PocketPC or PalmOS. Of course we still need constant updates for the
Mac/Win/Lin desktops, but the ability to write transcript apps for the
handheld market would be truly monumental.

Kind Regards,
Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>