how do you pulldown a menu?

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 10:32:03 EST 2005

Hi Xavier,

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, but if you simply want to
simulate someone clicking a menu item, I didn't have any trouble
making it work.

I created a simple stack and a basic menu. I added a button to the
stack with this script:

on mouseUp
  click at the loc of btn "file"
  wait 30
  click at "16,48"
end mouseUp

This causes the File menu to select and then after 1/2 second, the
Open item of the File menu selects. The menupick handler in the File
menu gets an Open as its parameter.

Unfortunately, this won't work on a Mac in the way Mac users would
expect. Instead, it still drops down the (hidden) menu item within the
stack itself, rather than selecting the menu in the Mac's menu bar.

If this isn't what you were trying to do, maybe you could explain it again.

--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein