Is this possible...

Lynch, Jonathan bnz2 at cdc.gov
Wed Mar 23 09:50:55 EST 2005

If doing it this way - it would not really need to be crafted as an
external. You could create a standalone in RunRev, then store the file
that contains that standalone in a compressed custom property in a stack
that you put on your clients computer.

You would program the stack so that when it opens, it writes that
standalone into a file with a .exe extension.

Then, the stack would launch the standalone.

Then, the stack would use the quit command, to close itself and the
engine that is running it.

Next, the standalone, upon starting up, would check to see if a previous
version of the standalone is in the same folder - if it is, it would
delete that file.

Next, the new standalone would have to reset any shortcuts that point to
the old standalone.

Various modifications could be done, depending on the situation, but I
bet such an approach would work.