save standalone problem

Friedrich F. Grohmann shedrup at ms9.hinet.net
Wed Mar 23 08:11:35 EST 2005

Dear group,

     I'm working with Rev 2.5 on a G4 notebook under Mac OS 10.3.2. I've
built two stacks, "A" and "B", which differ only in terms of the images
imported on the cards. It is possible to save these stacks as
standalones. However, every time I try to save a third stack "C" whose
contents equal "A" plus "B", I'm told "There was an error while saving
the standalone application".

     I've checked my archive of list messages and tried the suggestions
given in the past in these cases, notably switching from "Search for
required inclusions..." to "Select inclusions for standalone
application". I am also sure that the path name contains no weird
characters. Furthermore, there is no password protection involved.

     I would dearly love to know what is happening. Could it be that
something got messed up when I combined the stacks? I used a very basic
script for a button in stack "A" the script of which was:

     repeat x
          go to the first cd of stack "B"
          cut this cd
          go to the last cd of stack "A"
          paste
     end repeat

After running the script I added one final card (the one corresponding to
the last cd of stack "B") manually to stack "A". The new stack works as
it should but whatever I try I can't save it as a standalone. Any help
appreciated.

Fritz