[ANN]Tao of RunRev, RunRev Wishlist, and RunRev Documentation Projects

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Mar 22 13:47:06 EST 2005

Mikey wrote:

>As sort of a curiosity I started some blogs on blogger.com last week.
>After playing with it, I decided to start three projects:
>The Tao of RunRev (taoOfRunRev.blogspot.com), designed to document
>quirks, exceptions, etc. in RR that people might not otherwise be
>aware of
>RunRev Wishlist (rrwishlist.blogspot.com), and
>RunRev Documentation Project (runrevdocs.blogspot.com), which I might
>abandon if I can ever track down the parallel RunRev documentation
>project that was started on Yahoo, if it has legs.
>
>The beauty of these projects is that it can be both a user-community
>project and yet controlled so that outsiders are not able to pollute
>it.
>
>I am asking for the following:
>1) People with stuff to contribute to these projects
>2) People to assist in improving the blogs in a more general way (i.e.
>from a higher level, look & feel, etc.)
>
>If you're interested, please email me right here.  In the meantime,
>the Tao project is the only thing that I've actually posted anything
>to yet.

I'd be interested in a TaoOfRunRev - but I can't see that a blog is a
suitable format for it. It's even worse than the email archive for
searching, or organization of contents.  Note that I don't actually have
a better suggestion right now, but I think a blog is definitely not the
answer. It should be something that can have a "contents" or directory
format, and supports good searching methods.  (I tried searching for
"script" (since I could see it in the second or third most recent
entry),  and the blog search tool told me it couldn't be found in this
blog.)  I'd also suggest that it should support code inclusion (either
code fragments or stacks) so that we could include the "proof" of any
performance statement; that would make it easy to look to see exactly
*which* context had been tested.

Rev documentation group is RevDocs - at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RevDocs/
It is pretty variable - long quiet spells between intensive flurries of
activity.