Is this possible...

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Tue Mar 22 13:43:27 EST 2005

Got a question...

Is it possible to update the Rev engine in a standalone without doing a
reinstall.  Let me explain:

I have a stack that I have made into a standalone.  The standalone, when
launched, opens other stacks that contain the workings of my application.
Now, whenever I make changes to my application, I can update the other stack
files without having to have my clients reinstall.  In fact, I do this via
the web.  I have a "Check for Updates" in my "Help" menu that can check my
web site for updates and download newer versions automatically.

Now that the Rev Engine has been changed, I need to update the standalone.
Is there any way to do this in script?  Or, do I have to have my clients
manually download the new engine (the standalone)?  I don't think you can
write over a running application... Or can you?

Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.

-Dan