Global Madness

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 21:11:17 EST 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:18:52 -0600, Ken Ray <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:
> On 3/21/05 12:38 PM, "Howard Bornstein" <howard.bornstein at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > When I run the script, it prints out gHeightScaler fine. But if I put
> > "put gHeightScaler" into the message box, it prints out
> > "gHeightScaler" instead of the value. If I look at the global tab of
> > the message box, gHeightScaler isn't listed.
>
> Howard, what happens if you type in the msg box:
>
>    global gHeightScaler; put gHeightScaler

So I ran the stack and first typed "put gHeightScaler" and it output
gHeightscaler. Then I typed in " global gHeightScaler; put
gHeightScaler" and it output the correct value of gHeightScaler.

So this means that, for some reason, even though it's right there in
my handler, the variable gHeightScaler isn't being initialized as a
global. Why?

Did you happen to try this simple handler? I'm just curious if my
system is hexed or whether this is repeatable by others.

--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein