Option menu strangeness

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Mar 19 05:02:50 EST 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 01:52:24 -0500, Howard Bornstein
<howard.bornstein at gmail.com>

> Just a followup on this strangeness. Soon after posting the last
> message, Rev really started wigging out. The debugger wouldn't work
> properly and Rev started crashing. I restarted Rev several times with
> the same results. I tried editing the option button (it was actually
> an option button, not a combo button) and every time I'd click it
> after the edit, Rev would quit.
>
> I went so far as to reinstall a new version of 2.5.1, but this
> behavior continued. Finally I copied the button to a new stack,
> deleted the button on my current stack, and then copied it back to my
> current stack. After this the button worked without crashing Rev (but
> the 'on mouseup' message still never got sent). !!??
>
> Somehow Rev got *very* confused about this button.

Well, Howard I guess we can't **both** be going crazy... I would dearly
love to understand what the underlying issue is here, because I really
need my little option menus - they are the heart of my app in a way. I
have had some of your symptoms and others, such as the whole IDE
slowing up, taking several seconds to switch between script window and
a normal stack window.  Yet in my case, in general the IDE goes on
working. Also, when I can't get my option menus to 'stick' on the
choice I've made, a script like this:

set the menuHistory of btn "myButton5" of grp "myButtons" of cd 1 of
stack "myStack" to 2

doesn't do anything either - I mean one doesn't see any visual change.
I swear this all used to work.

I need to crack this soon. Maybe it's time for a Silver Support
Incident.

Hmm

Graham