URL question

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Mar 18 21:48:31 EST 2005

On 3/18/05 6:41 PM, Varen Swaab wrote:

> Thanks everyone,
>
> I appreciate the help but nothing has worked for me. I agree, the
> examples you are giving should work and if I simply put a numerical
> value in place of the variable it works just fine, but the variable just
> doesn't work. Do you have any idea why it wouldn't work?

The examples given on the list are valid, so it sounds like your
variable doesn't hold the value you think it does. Try this:

put "5" into user
get "http://www.alptex.com/products/emulators/alptex16bie/"&user
put it

Then see if the message box contains what you expect. If the last
character isn't a number, there is something else that is interfering
with the value of "user".

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com