RunRev crashes when you experiment with database queries

Gordon Tillman got at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 18 10:06:49 EST 2005

Hi Bill,

On Mar 18, 2005, at 08:58, Bill wrote:

> I am trying to get the ID number of the last inserted record in a MySQL
> database. Can anyone help me do this?
>   put "SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID() from tripulantes" into dbQuery
>   put revQueryDatabase(tConnection, dbQuery) into LastInsertID

I don't know if this is your problem or not, but I just use SELECT
LAST_INSERT_ID() as the entire SQL command, omitting the "from..."
part.  I just just my MySQL user manual and I don't see the "from ..."
as being a valid part of the command, unless maybe you are using a
newer version than what I have.

--gordy