Getting as much system info possible.

Todd Higgins higginsta at mac.com
Fri Mar 18 07:31:35 EST 2005

I'm not sure about Windows or Linux, but you could use the command
"system_profiler" on OS X and then search for the following pieces of info:

-amount of RAM > Memory ( the first returned line will provide total
system memory)
-processor type > CPU Type (i.e. PowerPC 750) ; CPU Speed
-video card type > not sure what information you would need, but you
would find it under "PCI/AGP Cards"
-video card Ram > VRAM (Total)
-free HD space > Available (will return HD space of boot drive)

Usually I would  use grep to get the info that I need, but I would love
to know the best way to do this with Rev.

Todd