Card 2 PDF

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Mar 18 02:27:09 EST 2005

On 3/18/05 12:12 AM, "Derek Bump" <webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com> wrote:

> I believe the script you are going to use is a combination of Transcript
> and AppleScript.  So no matter what, you would need the MacOS (and I'm
> assuming it requires OS X) and you would have 2 scripts.  1 transcript
> and 1 AppleScript.

Actually, the one Dwayne's referring to has both Transcript and Applescript
versions, but you only need to implement one. The Transcript one only works
in OS X and is as follows (watch line wraps):

on mouseUp
  answer file "Select a file:"
  if it is not empty then
    put it into tSrcPath
    put tPath & ".pdf" into tDestPath
    put "/System/Library/Printers/Libraries/convert" into tConvertApp
    get shell(tConvertApp && "-f" && tSrcPath && "-o" && tDestPath &&
"-j application/pdf")
  end if
end mouseUp

HTH,