Search Rev docs "at the speed of thought"

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Thu Mar 17 16:30:48 EST 2005

Klaus Major <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:

> Hello Wilhelm,
>
> (snip)
>
> thanks, very good work!
>
> But after opening your stack, the cursor stucks to "busy", any hints on
> how to remove this?

Hello Klaus,

I do not see this here in the four situations possible for me: Rev and
Metacard IDE on WindowsXP and MacOS 10.3.7.
What combination are you using?-

I found that function "revappversion()", which I use in the stacks to
distinguish between Rev and MC IDE, need the latest version of the
Metacard IDE. Should somebody wish to use the search stack with earlier
versions of the MC IDE I could supply a version without "revappversion()".

While experimenting with the search stacks I observed that there are
quite a number of "loose ends" in the XML files, missing closing tags
and incomplete or wrong crossreferences between files in the "<docRef
src=" parts that define the linktexts. Four examples:

-
"faq/Why_do_fonts_and_colors_change_when_I_create_a_standalone_application.xml"
The corresponding name of the XML file however has been shortened - like
so many others in the Faq folder - to "te_a_standalone_application.xml".

- "reference/operator_precedence_referen .rev", a link in "Topics", has
one space to many before ".rev"

- a typo in a file name: "scripts_and_thier_structure.xml"

- a folder "about" that does not exist:
"about/About_Revolution_system_requirements.xml"

Should such things be brought to attention via Bugzilla?

The responsible member of the Rev team should design a search routine to
find all such loose ends.-

I see that after the announcement of my search stacks about 300 persons
have visited my website and also downloaded stacks. Feedback and
suggestions are welcome.

--Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>