Printing Mailing labels in Revolution

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Mar 16 18:11:26 EST 2005

I usually get Rev to export or copy formatted data to another program
for printing mailing labels, but there is no reason why it can't do it
itself.

Make a printing stack that is the size of the print area on your
printer (use printPaperSize to find the total paper size in pixels,
then subtract the paperMargins).
Layout fields to fit on each label and group them in a background group
so they appear on all new cards
Fill each field with the text, creating new cards as required and
setting the fonts so that it all fits.
Print and see what happens :-)

When printing labels, I always print one sheet on scrap paper first and
test it by holding it up to the light with a sheet of labels, to see if
I've got the margins and alignment correct - this saves a lot of wasted
labels :-)

Cheers,
Sarah