Can you make a flat file database?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 16 16:35:20 EST 2005

> Is it posible to make a flat file database rather then useing SQL or
> the like? I want to create a program that stores adresses to a file
> along with a drop down menu that you can choose a name to open that
> adress in to the fields.

In addition to using a text file, stacks make an excellent storage
format, esp. if you take advantage of custom properties.

On of the nice things about storing in properties is that you don't have
to parse a large a larger block of text, and can use different
properties for different types of storage, e.g.:

    set the uPrefs["UserName"] of stack tDataStack to tMyPrefsData
    set the uData[record1] of stack tDataStack to tMyData

For a more thorough discussion of using stack files for data storage see:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2002-July/006149.html>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation