Trial software and registering

Mikey mikeythek at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:52:46 EST 2005

No solution is 100%.  Dongles are a great idea but get bad press, too.
 Tying a license to a NIC or processor are also great but run into
their own problems.

There are also workarounds.  I'm not going to discuss them, I'm sure
everyone here is smart enough to figure them out.  However, one must
balance the objectives.  In the case of most of the software I write,
there isn't an issue with a net connection since a net connection is
generally needed for the software to function properly anyway since
most of the stuff I write is communicating with the outside world.

Obviously one can imagine the ways that each system can be abused,
misused, compromised, etc.  The point of the post was to suggest
another method.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."