How to test for a number

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Mar 16 11:15:41 EST 2005

Hi Jonathan,

> Hi Klaus...
>
> Heh - the comma brings up another point.
>
> People often separate every third digit before the decimal with a
> comma!
> (not sure how this is done in German)
>
> For example:
> 1,634,912.34
>
> So commas would need to be allowed, and then replace "," with empty
> would need to be used when working with the actual number...
>
> Which could really create a problem in having the program compatable
> for
> both English use and German use!

EXACTLY!

We use it vice versa here in germany :-)

We use the comma as the decimal separator and the dot as a "thousand"
separator!

e.g.
1.234.567,98

THAT will make it impossible to have an app that will handle both,
english and german use...
Too bad! OK, we could have the user set this in the prefs, but still
clumsy...

If only Rev would use the system settings for numbers (like other apps
do ;-)

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de